Zirconia crown price, description, alternatives.
Modern Zirconia processing technology (scanning, milling, and sintering) allows setting very demanding aesthetic and functional standards at reasonable costs.
In the range of dental crowns, we offer Zirconia crowns in three variants:
- Economic variant, Zirconia crown eco-line price at 1000 lei/element.
- Multilayer version, Zirconia crown multilayer price 1200 lei/element
- Anatomic variant, Zirconia crown anatomic price at 1400 lei/element.
The prosthetic work is made by Cad-Cam technology from the highest quality materials.
Cad-Cam technology is the newest technology for making implant bridges and Zirconia dental crowns on the principle of 3D printers.
The execution of this work is controlled by computer throughout, so there is no chance of errors.
Zirconia is actually a ceramic material that closely mimics the natural appearance of teeth and is processed by computer systems.
Pure Zirconia is not used in dentistry, but a combination of Zirconia oxide.
Zirconia is used in dental prosthetics, a branch of dentistry that deals with restoring the appearance and functionality of arches from which teeth have been lost.
Prosthodontics is an ancient branch of dentistry and over the years materials with remarkable mechanical and aesthetic properties have been discovered.
Thus, nowadays, every material used in dental prosthetics, be it acrylic, metal, classical ceramic or Zirconia oxide, has clear indications and can be used in certain situations for the prosthetics of edentulous spaces.
Zirconia dental crowns are used in the following cases:
– Dental fractures – most frequently, as a result of accidents, dental fractures occur, which mainly affect the frontal group, due to the anterior position in relation to the skull. Depending on the severity of the impact and therefore the degree of damage to the teeth, treatment solutions vary.
– Loss of tooth vitality – tooth vitality can be lost as a result of extensive caries processes that cause pulp chamber opening and nerve distortion. Trauma resulting in deep dental fractures or excessive forces generated on the tooth can also produce the same effects on pulp vitality.
Following the loss of vitality of the tooth and part of its structure, the remaining tissues are fragile and can fracture at any time.
This is why zirconia restorations help to restore the morphology and aesthetics of teeth.
– Dental malpositions – crowding or changes in the shape and position of teeth are indicated for orthodontic treatment.
If, for various reasons, this type of treatment cannot be applied, the defect can be corrected with Zirconia crowns.
– Prosthetic dental implants – an implant is a prosthetic work that is inserted into the bone in order to reproduce the root lost after tooth extraction.
Thus, the implant remains in the bone and a prosthetic piece is needed for the visible crown portion.
The ideal material for this is Zirconia, due to its excellent mechanical, chemical and aesthetic properties.
The Zirconia crown is the latest technology in dental aesthetics and the most suitable for achieving an ideal smile.
Over the years, dentistry, together with one of the most important branches, dental prosthetics, have tried to use some of the most durable and aesthetic materials to offer the patient both psychological comfort and durability.
Zirconia oxide was introduced into dentistry to replace metal, which is also durable but unsightly.
Unlike metal or acrylate, zirconia is biocompatible with surrounding tissues, so it does not cause foreign body reactions or other types of irritation.
Aesthetic results are undeniable because zirconia, through its translucency, can be cosmeticized and adapted to be identical to the tissues it replaces.
Light penetrates the Zirconia crown in the same way it penetrates the natural tooth.
It is necessary that edentation are protected as early as possible to avoid a number of problems such as:
– Bone atrophy – a decrease in bone volume that occurs gradually with age. The bone is stimulated by the existence of teeth on the arches so with the loss of teeth, stimulation is lost. The result is a reduction in bone size, which is unfavorable for prosthetics.
– Difficulties in performing functions – mastication, one of the most important processes for providing the body with the nutrients it needs, is hampered in edentulous patients. This can further lead to disorders of the entire digestive system, because food is not being ground and processed as it should.
Phonation can also suffer, especially when pronouncing consonants that require the tongue to rest on the front teeth.
– Occlusal changes – partial edentulism, a clinical condition in which only part of the dental units are missing, leads to changes that affect the remaining teeth.
Thus, there is a risk of occlusal disease with unnatural transmission of forces developed during mastication.
The harmful forces developed will generate mobility of the affected teeth but also pain in the temporomandibular joint.
– Aesthetics – patients are primarily interested in the appearance of the prosthetic work, sometimes even before its functionality.
This is why Zirconia is preferred by those who have special aesthetic demands, because of the naturalness it gives to the prosthetic work.
– Durability – Zirconia crowns require a greater financial investment than their metal or acrylic counterparts, but the results are better over time and in terms of strength.
Zirconia does not absorb water like acrylate and through the computerized technological manufacturing process, it acquires a better adaptation and resistance to local and environmental factors that tend to loosen or fracture the work.
– Biocompatibility – an essential condition of materials used in prosthetics is biocompatibility, the characteristic of dental crowns to be accepted by the surrounding tissues and not to produce secondary reactions.
Zirconia thus becomes the material of choice in many clinical situations due to the qualities and advantages mentioned above.
The Zirconia dental crown is an artificial prosthetic piece, made with the help of the dental laboratory and replaces the crown of the natural tooth.
In the preparation of the tooth for the application of the Zirconia crown there are several stages which are carried out in close cooperation between the dentist and the dental technician.
The dentist prepares the tooth in order to obtain the necessary space for the crown and the technician, on the basis of the impression, makes the prosthetic piece that will fit closely to the surrounding tissues.
Some examples where the patients’ choice was ceramic/Zirconia are exemplified here: https://draristide.ro/cazuri
Frequently asked questions:
Întrebări și răspunsuri frecvente:
What guarantee do you offer for the zirconia crown?
One year. If you break, chip, if it decimates within the first year, your zirconia dental crown is refitted at no charge.
How long does the Zirconia crown last?
The Zirconia dental crown takes between 7 and 10 days to complete.
The lifespan of a Zirconia crown is over 30 years.
What will be the color of the dental crown?
The choice of color is made by the patient under the guidance of the doctor.
The color of the remaining teeth, if any, is reproduced, if not the complexion of the face.
More details about the choice of color can be found here.
Does the Zirconia crown hurt?
No, the Zirconia crown will not hurt you.
Will it look like it’s tooth set, will it be different from my teeth?
No, you won’t notice that it’s a set tooth.
Will it fall out?
No, it won’t fall out. The chances of a zirconia crown coming loose are extremely low.
If this happens the zirconia crown can easily be glued back on.
Will the dental crown change color over time?
No, the Zirconia crown will not change color over time.
My gums itch after you put the crown on, is this normal? How long will it take for it to go away?
The foreign body sensation you feel is natural.
It will fade as time goes by. It can last from a few hours to a few weeks.
I don’ t talk the same as before. Is it from the dental crowns?
Some consonants are pronounced by touching the tip of the tongue to the palatal surface of the upper central incisors.
If dental crowns have braces on these teeth, “different speech” occurs.
But don’t worry, this is a transient stage that disappears after a few days as you get used to your new dental crowns.
Is zirconium radioactive?
The radiation emitted by Zirconia (3 mol% Y2O3-ZrO2) is, as an order of magnitude, lower than that usually measured for water, milk, vegetables and meat (based on European standards).
What is the difference between the three types of Zirconia crowns eco-line, multi layer and anatomical?
The Zirconia layer (core of the crown) is 0.5-1mm thin in the case of the eco-line (economical-line) crown and is covered by several layers of ceramic to reproduce the final shape, the anatomy of the crown.
This type of crown has been designed to make zirconia crowns as affordable as possible for patients.
– The intermediate variant, zirconia multilayer zirconia start is thicker, > 1mm, requiring fewer ceramic layers to achieve the final shape of the crown.
– In the anatomical variant the Zirconia layer is thick, close to the final shape of the dental crown, the ceramic layers are only finishing, this means increased strength.
My crown fell out of a tooth, it fell out whole, can I fix it with something at home?
The cements we use for dental crowns are specific to each type of material they are made of. Cement for metal-ceramic crowns is not good for ceramic/Zirconia, for example.
In short: Don’t try this at home!
Cements, bonding substances that are available to you at home, can cause you adverse reactions (allergies, poisoning) and will not be effective, nor will they withstand the masticatory loads, in the moist environment of the oral cavity.
What are the prices of Zirconia crowns?
Execution/ Manufacturing Price Fixed monthly rate Manufacturer
for 10 months
Metal-ceramic veneer crown 700 lei 70lei Rana Art Dent
crown on implant 800 lei 80 lei Rana Art Dent
Dental crown Zirconia Eco-line 1000 lei 100 lei Rana Art Dent
Dental crown Zirconia Multilayer 1200 lei 120 lei Rana Art Dent
Dental crown Zirconia Anatomic 1400 lei 140 lei Rana Art Dent
Semi-ceramic metal-ceramic crown 500 lei 50 lei Rana Art Dent
Milled metal crown Cr-Co 400 lei 40 lei Rana Art Dent
PMMA acrylic crown 250 lei 25 lei Rana Art Dent
Acrylic crown (mask) 150 lei 15 lei Rana Art Dent
For appointments we are happy to be at your disposal from Monday to Saturday from 8.00 to 20.00 at the following numbers